Monday, January 03, 2011

Simple Joys

So after a long vacation away from writing the blog, here I am again. I have to start by letting everyone know that this traditional school schedule really cuts into my creative time. Therefore, I'm attempting the impossible. Thanks to two friends (Stacy and Jeny) I am going to participate in their crazy idea of a picture a day for a year. Since I'm pretty sure I can't post daily-I'll take my pictures and post on the weekends. Hey why set yourself up for failure.....I know there is NO WAY I would post a pic a day. To make good on my word and as a show of good faith, here are my first three pictures.




My first simple joy is a craft project that Christi and I made earlier in 2010. I love to get my craft on during the weekends, when I can. Since I no longer get track breaks to play I have to play whenever I get the chance. Don't you just love this twine heart. I do....so simple! (however, I do not love the dust that collected on the frame...my other simple joys that will appear over and over again this year take priority over dusting)


Okay this is actually my runner up for day number 2, but I just love how this kid makes me laugh daily...here Morgan is seen sporting her chocolate mustache. In her best dinosaur roar she tells me, "I am a masterpiece!" Yes you are Morgan!!!
My actual day 2 pic. We went for a Sunday drive out to Red Rock. I enjoy off roading and discovering new parts of the valley. I spotted this tree near our truck and just loved the branches. It was very cold and snow flurries were starting to fall a few miles away. These branches just scream WINTER and in the desert any temperature below 120* is a simple joy.
Okay just noticed my numbers on the bottom of the pics are wrong (I'll have to fix that) the meds are my January 3rd picture. Not that I am joyous over everyone being sick, but the marvel of modern day medicine is a simple joy in our household tonight. Everyone in the house has been sick lately. Our afternoon was spent in quick care again today. After waiting an eternity we finally got a prescription only to go to the grocery and wait again....here lately the Eveleigh's are on a liquid diet! Thank goodness for medicine!!



Okay so there you have it. 3 days down and 362 days and pictures to go.......see you on the weekend.

No comments: