Friday, February 26, 2010

Tule Springs Ranch

A day at the ranch...but no divorce for us! (If you are wondering the Tule Springs Ranch was once known as the "divorce ranch." It was a waiting place for many women while waiting out the residency requirements for NV. Many came to stay on the ranch while waiting for their divorce. It was later a resort for the community and socialites. Very neat story and beautiful place back in the day. Click on the above title for information on Floyd Lamb State Park (Tule Springs)
Okay history lesson aside...
The girls had a great time. They actually went a few weeks ago with their dad. I took them back yesterday with my mom. We had a picnic on the grounds and then went exploring some of the historical buildings. One of our highlights of the day was when I fed the geese some bread. They were very aggressive and I dropped the bag. The flock of appox. 50 geese decided to attack because there wasn't enough bread for everyone. I ran inside the restroom and my mom and girls retreated to a picnic table. Of course I helped them escape...but only after taking pictures and laughing as Morgan screamed, THE DUCKS ARE COMIN' TO GET ME!!!!!!!!!!!! We continued the rest of our tour without incident until..I started taking pictures of the peacocks. These birds are so beautiful. I have NEVER seen a solid white peacock before. I was able to get so close to them. (as long as the girls weren't around) I guess a peacock and I were getting too friendly and the guard geese came back. These two ran us away and ran the peacock back to the ranch. We barely escaped and ran to the car. Morgan ran to the picnic tables again still screaming, THE DUCKS GOING TO GET ME! So we've learned our lesson...next time take more bread or risk your rump getting a chomp. Here are a few pages from our day- I took over a hundred bird pictures. I guess because they were so friendly. Check out Princess Maegan on the side bar for some of Maegan's pictures.





















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures...too funny, I can just picture Morgan running screaming..lol