Friday, March 05, 2010

Family Fiesta

Okay so I've had some time on my hands lately(since I've been on vacation) and I read alot of blogs. Which leads me to Family Fun Nite. I thought this was a neat concept to take family time (meal time) to another level. And well as much as I like to coordinate and have a theme..this just seems logical that we do this.
Our first family night was tonight... Family Fiesta. The kids helped me plan the menu: fajitas and burritos. We also made sombrero hat cookies. The kids and I tried to add in a few extra touches-while we were out thrifting today..is thrifting a word? anyway we found the Ole cups and plates. Next time I really want to add some flare and have everyone dress up. We did have the mariachi music playing in the background, but we didn't have a hat to perform the hat dance. We finished off the night by watching the girls dance to the music, watching some iCarly (yep even Mark) and we put together two dinosaur puzzles that I scored today! Of course next time we will have a pinata and we will have to watch Dora or something. Mark wasn't thrilled when I announced my plans for the next Fiesta night (but he did like the idea of having margaritas). I'm already planning my May 6th shopping spree. Hurry Up Cinco de Mayo!
Anyhow-now I have to start thinking of next week's theme. Any ideas?? Eventually I want to work in some cultural history so the girls can learn about other countries...that gives me an idea-maybe I'll make a family passport and we can travel the world right here in our kitchen..hmm good thing I have another week off!

2 comments:

Room 1 said...

And Yes...Morgan is always naked!! We can't keep clothes on this one-she's perfectly happy in the diaper-she doesn't like to get her shirts dirty! LOL

Alecia Watson Bahna said...

Cute idea, I like it!

St. Patty's day is this week!

If you do something religous at Easter do Resurrection Eggs and let them tell the story. You can google it for the story/how-to.